Slave Out To Tuner on LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolRails

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is OK to run the slave out on my LSS into my Korg DTR-2? I have the slave level set at LOW but I am tired of running first into the Tuner, as there is a SLIGHT buzz.

Will it cause damage to the DTR-2, which I love?

Have you tried it in the effects loop? Buzzing there as well?

Tuners should not generate buzz...

yea I own the same tuner pedal DT10-BK,, the black one,,I love the thing.
I use it in the loop of my ROV right before my EQ pedal which would amplify any noise it may create. Silence is all I get. I couldnt recommend this tuner pedal enough. By the way I believe its true bypass also,,
if it isnt it does a superb job. I have tried it with both outputs,,the bypass and regular output and no sound difference in either. I hate to say it, but
if your getting any noise somethings wrong with the pedal or its coming from somewhere else....P.S. Im also using it with my visual sound
1 spot power adapter along with another 7 pedals. Quiet is all I get
Good luck

Though it's not intended as a tuner out, I have heard of it being used in this manner! The inability to silent tune, being the downside! I would'nt run a tuner through any effects loop!

It's a very subtle buzz, but it is there. Funny thing is I can never remember it buzzing before, but I have had it for about 5 years.

And it is much easier to run it through this alternate out (The Slave), it's just one less stop along the tone sucking line of pedals that I have to stop at. It tends to be much more hassle free as well in my studio, since I don't have to rewire it if I'm re configuring the pedal setup.

I've been using it like this for a few days and it seems to work great - I noticed my tuner has an "Input" and a "Mute" 1/4" jack though. I wonder which one is better? I'm running through the "Input".

jbird, good points on both fronts: Inability to silent tune does suck, and I would NEVER run any kind of tuner through the effects loop.

The mute jack is probably for an external footswitch to plug into for when you want to mute the output from the tuner. I don't think you can plug your signal into there....

Back