Slave and speaker combination? DC 5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgang6505

Reaction score
Hello, I was just wandering if you can run from your slave out to an fx unit splitting the signal into stereo from there, then go to a stereo power amp for left and right wet cabinets.

At the same time, be running a dry cabinet directly from one of the amps speaker outputs.
Thus having a wet/dry/wet setup. except the dry cab would be powered by the power amp of the dc.

As everyone already knows, I have a dc 5 and I wish to run this setup and I am not sure if this can all go on simultaneously.

Does the slave out feature on these amps permit this, from what I know about it, it does but, I could be wrong...so Let me know what you folks know about it.

I was reading the slave posts on another discussion, it was going on in the modern amps posts, I think I remember someone posting and saying that, the slave out signal is being taken from the power amp section(not just the preamp alone) thus, if you wanted to, you could use the whole dc as a preamp instead of using just the preamp of the dc. However, can you still drive speakers from the speaker outs while using the slave out feature aswell?

Please let me know- Thanks Jim(wolf)

Latest posts

Back