Single Recto Combo Handle

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Suede

Reaction score
The handle snapped off. Haven't even had the amp a year yet. WTF? Anybody else had this happen? Did you just replace it? Find something better? I know of some Fender Twins that still have their original handles. Small thing but what an inconvenience!

Handle for my Dual Rec head=$15 bucks! They'll probably just send you one for free! (BTW, my handle did not break, color change!)

The leather split on the inside, and then the metal innards ended up being exposed. I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else, and if they had any better ideas so that i'm not buying handles every 6 months. Maybe i'll just wrap duct tape around the next one so the threads on the underside will never unravel.

Man, I've had several combo and heads and the mesa handles are the best and most comfortable to carry your amp with IMO. You must have a rarity in that yours is having problmes. I've got the same handle on my 125 pound Road King combo and I don't doubt it's ability to carry that thing for the next 20+ years. I had the same style of handle on my 11 yr old Tremoverb too and it was still in great shape....... I think you just got a defective handle and if you get a new one you probably wont ever have to worry about it again. :wink:

tele_jas, are your handles the leather-like handles?
Do you use the handle a lot, or do you have a road case? My handle saw a lot of use because it's such a great club amp I lift it a lot.

Latest posts

Back