Single Rectifier vs Orange CR120

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenfoxes

Reaction score
Hi all! I currently own a single rectifier and love it, however, I recently discovered the Orange Cr120 and was wondering how well It holds up against the rectifier in terms of aggressive/metal distortion. I play a lot of deftones, and HUM type stuff, and I would love to have an amp that gets those tones. The rectifier is actually great for that stuff, but I think I might be wanting to switch to a solid state for the mere convenience. Anyone here like the Cr120 for heavy rock/metal?

sevenfoxes said:
Hi all! I currently own a single rectifier and love it, however, I recently discovered the Orange Cr120 and was wondering how well It holds up against the rectifier in terms of aggressive/metal distortion. I play a lot of deftones, and HUM type stuff, and I would love to have an amp that gets those tones. The rectifier is actually great for that stuff, but I think I might be wanting to switch to a solid state for the mere convenience. Anyone here like the Cr120 for heavy rock/metal?

I went into the shop, planning to buy the CR60 and walked out with a mini rectifier. The Orange CR range doesn't come close to any rectifier and you can definitely tell that its a solid state; especially for heavy rock and metal. Clean sounds aren't too bad

Latest posts

Back