Single Rectifier Solo 50 Owners?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitargeek62

Reaction score
Might be joining you lot this week :wink:

Feel free to post pics/opinions/clips/settings whatever on here relating to them :)

yup, i won it on ebay :D

Should arrive on monday/tuesday so ill have a play then, any recommendations on speakers for a custom 2x12 cab? im thinking maybe a celestion v30 and a g12h for a nice full tone

btw, i think mines a series 1 model? it doesnt look quite the same as the one on the mesa site (couple of controls switched around) but are there any major differences?

If it's a series one like mine then you can only use 6L6 valves, not EL34s. However, it is an easy mod to fit your own bias select switch, I did mine with my dad and it was easy. It also won't have the 'Raw' setting on channel two, however I only ever want to use the Modern setting so it doesn't bother me.
I don't think there are any other major differences. It's a great amp, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

ah no worries, i wasnt planning on using el34s anyway, cleans are better with 6l6s in my experience!

Shame about the raw channel because ive heard good things but my fault for not checking first :D

Is the reverb footswitchable btw? i guess ill need to make up a stompbox if so!

ps, Just bought a zilla music 2x12 earlier too (theyre made 200m from my house!) im having the amp recovered to match! :D

736373587_l.jpg

the doubleneck aint mine btw, and neithers the fur!!!!!!!!!

well unless its a rectoverb, it won't even have reverb. But if it did then yes its footswitchable. I used to have a single recto. Went to the dual....its taken me a lot of effort to be as happy with that amp as I was with the single. Some guy traded a single in for an Orange Rockerverb 50 so I got to play the single again at the store today...lol. I LOVE that amp. Might even get another one some day. Congrats on the Single Recto man. They're awesome.

Hum

Humbility said:
well unless its a rectoverb, it won't even have reverb.

lol, i already knew that so god knows what i was thinking :lol:

argh, cant wait till tuesday when i can try it out properly! annoyingly im working till 9pm though so itll be too late to crank it when i get home :'(

okay, obviously pictures dont seem to want to work from inside a hotmail account...........

BUT

normally just right click on the image, go on properties and then highlight and copy the image url address. Then come back and post it on here after clicking the Img button once and again after pasting.

If youre on firefox, you can just right-click and press 'o' and itll copy the image address for you.

Other than that, just use an upload site (ie photobucket.com) and then do the above steps :)

Latest posts

Back