Single Rectifier Rectoverb 50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Australia and don't have that much experience with Rectifiers as they are way too expensive to buy and hard to come by here. I'm thinking of buying a Rectoverb 50 watt on ebay. I have only played a 2 channel Dual Rectifier and I love the tone. Is The single Rectifier the same with a lower wattage or does the rectoverb have a lesser quality?

IME experience no. There are some channel switching issues with the series 1's (delay from 1 channel to the other) and they lack tube rectification and channel assignable loop. But if your looking for good cleans and that recto growl, there a great amp. I've owned both and wish I still had my ROV.

i own several boogies and one of them is a rectoverb 50 combo.

the 50 watt rectoverb combo is a tone monster and if you are looking for
authentic recto sounds they're there.

otter

ex-pwner of a dual re´cto and now owner of both a roadster and a rectoverb , I say go for it. it s a very good and tighter amp than a dual/triple. monster tone and the 50watts is more than enough.it is loud as.........just buy it!!!!pure recto tone

I know the preamp is a little different. Silicon Diode Rectifier. Does this make a huge difference. It doesn't make it sound a little more solid state does it?

The preamp is all tube as far as know and does not sound solid state whatsoever unless you dime the gain and presence, which you shouldn't be doing in the first place with a recto. As for as the silicon diode rectifier, that is in the power supply section, not the preamp or power amp. Dual and Triple rectos have a switchable silicon or tube rectifier, whereas the singles do not. IMHO it's not a huge deal and won't change the tone structure as much as it changes the "sag" at higher volumes. Silicon will provide a tighter response perfect for sparkley clean or tight distorted rhythm playing, whereas rectifiers will have a little more give, perfect for blues to classic/80's rock and metal. I have a Rectoverb 50 and a Tremoverb and love them both. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much. I'm tossing up between Rectoverb 50 or a Dual Rectifier Solo 2 channel. I like the added flexibility with the reverb and I like being a little different. The tolex front plate looks nicer than the diamond plate front aswell. Am I making a better choice leaning towards the Rectoverb.

I play anything from Jazz to Death Metal. I like a lot of midrange in my tone (I hate scoopers), and the gain so it is just about to saturate. I also like quite a bit of Hi End in my tone as well to bring out pick squeels.

Also being from Australia will I need to buy a voltage transformer or does it have the ability to run on 240v instead of 110

I'd say go with the Rectoverb. Better cleans for Jazz for sure. Death metal would definitely require the silicon rectifier as well. And yep you're going to need the transformer.

I'm sorry but I ended up going with the Dual Rectifier Solo. It ended up being cheaper and I know It sounds good as I've played a few of them. I thank you for all your advice though because I'm selling my JCM2000 DSL and might buy the recto-verb as well. or a tremo-verb dual rectifier.

Back