Single Rectifier Problem Please Help!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torquelive

Reaction score
I have a new single rectifier. It is not the brand new version, but the one prior. (Series 2) It was the last of that version. Anyway bought it brand new.
In between palm muted chords and sudden stops it sounds like a swarm of bees, when it should be dead silent. It does this with the guitar plugged straight in or with my pedal board hooked up, makes no difference. The only difference with the pedals connected is that the buzzing stops because the gate kills it.
It sounds like buzzing bees or a digital recording that is way too hot between chords.
I have swapped power tubes. no change
Preamp tubes. No change
It has been modded to a serial loop.

At a total loss...

It seems to me its a preamp failure. If you have a friend with a tube amp try to borrow some preamp tubes so you can troubleshoot that area. Good luck.

torquelive said:
I have a new single rectifier. It is not the brand new version, but the one prior. (Series 2) It was the last of that version. Anyway bought it brand new.
In between palm muted chords and sudden stops it sounds like a swarm of bees, when it should be dead silent. It does this with the guitar plugged straight in or with my pedal board hooked up, makes no difference. The only difference with the pedals connected is that the buzzing stops because the gate kills it.
It sounds like buzzing bees or a digital recording that is way too hot between chords.
I have swapped power tubes. no change
Preamp tubes. No change
It has been modded to a serial loop.

At a total loss...

Does this happen in all channels and preamp modes? Does the buzz go away when nothing is plugged into the amp?

Dom

What kind of guitar? As a guitar equiped with standard single coil pickups will hum unless gated

Latest posts

Back