Single Rectifier lead tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgLives

Reaction score
Hi, I know that the single rectifier makes nice heavy rhythms, but for a lead tone it lacks a little bit, what kind of pedals would you suggest to make it sound similar to a john petrucci awake era or train of though era tone. Right now its a Single v.2 into mesa 4X12 standard with an ibanez rg1570 with evo bridge and neck. Thank you!

The only thing about rectos is that they seem kind of crunchy and maybe could be smoother for lead tones. As far as gain goes I cant imagine needing more. Maybe a clean boost?

I feel dead opposite.
I find the single (and just most boggies in general) to have an amazingly smooth lead tone that just sings, but I find rhthmic work on it to be a lil flabby, which is why I started using a TS9 in front of my amp as a clean boost.

I love the lead tone I get from my Solo 50. I think it all depends on your settings, guitar and pickup choice.

PRSKILLER said:
I love the lead tone I get from my Solo 50. I think it all depends on your settings, guitar and pickup choice.

I'd add tubes to the list too

well its also going to depend on what kind of sounds you are going for.
What shocks me is how so many people seem so suprised that they cant get Marshall crunch out of a Boogie (stileto excluded)...

different strokes for different folks is the bottom line

Can we get a definition for CRUNCH? Seems there could be some misunderstanding.
For me, I think:
- 6L6s are crunchier than EL-34s but I use EL-34s for a rounder sound
- the typical crunch tone I like on singlerec is Pushed setting with gain about 4:00, treb 2:00, mid 3:00, bass 12:00, pres about 11:00. Would most agree this is "crunch"?

Latest posts

Back