single rect. with spkr from F-30!??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andershoeg

Reaction score
Hi there! In the next couple of weeks my band and I are going to record our second demo. the guitars are going to be recorded in a small house a few hundred kilometers from my home. When we are practicing i'm using my mesa single rectifier, and i like the tone very much. However, I have bought a mesa F-30 combo, and love the sound of it too. I would love to try to record with both amps, BUT i cannot take my 4x12" marshall with me to where we are going to record (haven't got the space in my car....). Therefor I was thinking if it would be possible to use the single through the combo-speaker. Of course it is possible, but it's a vintage-something with 30 watts that is in the combo, and the single recto is 50 watts. Will i damage anything, or.... and do you even think it will sound any good!? Should i just take my combo with me and forget about the recto? Let me hear what you think. (haven't got the time to try it out, therefor i'm asking!)
B.R. and thanks
andershoeg

well......after some research, I THINK I've found out that the vintage 30 is a 60(!!!) watt speaker......right....? And therefor there shouldn't be any problems....I think....rrrrrrrrrright....? :roll:
B.R. andershoeg

A 50watt amp will peak alot more than 50watt, so I wouldn't feel safe to crank up the single...

well.....then I guess I should not experiment with this. Ok, thanks for the info.
andershoeg

Back