Single rec solo 50 problem/question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxevison

Reaction score
i recently purchased a solo rec 50, and ive noticed that when i play on channel one, on the clean channel, my sound starts to break up. now i have my settings set to the ones listed on the boogie site (refer to the sparkling clean), and its more distint in the push part of channel one, but on the channel 2, even with full gain wailing out, it sounds supurb.

im assuming it would be my tubes, and that i should replace them (since that its only sounding crappy in the 1st channel, and not the 2nd.)

any adivce is appericated.

thanks

xxxevison.

what is your clean channel master set at?
what kind of pick ups are you using?

ill asume you have the levels set exactly to the sparkling clean "preset"

they are pretty close, and i even turned the gain down a bit

i was using a studio with emgs in it, (Active) then my friends epip les paul with seymour duncans in it, i cant remeber exactly what ones they were though. but the bridge one was the same as what lamb of god uses, and im unsure of the neck, the problem was worse in the neck.

i forgot to mention i have 6l6s in, but im unsure of the age of them.

Why are you going on recommended settings? Why not close your eyes, and use your ears!

well my friend also has a sinle rec, the same as i, and i had asked him what his clean was, and thats what he said he was using.

i guess im just an idiot, new tubes will only improve my sound no matter what right?

My dual recto has a slight breakup in the cleans when cranked.....your is a single, so it has even less headroom. My breakup is very very minute, so it actually a pretty cool effect.

You might consider a retube.....certain tubes can get you more headroom. Talk to bob at eurotubes.com and he'll get you a perfect set for what you need!

The active pickups are'nt helping! With that said, try Bass @ 11 (o'clock), mids @ 9, Treble & Presence @ 1-2. Start with the gain @ 9, and adjust the channel master to taste. I don't know what you said about the pushed mode, but you should be in the clean mode on channel one! You should be able to get the gain up to 11 while reducing the master!

Also, it is normal around here, that when I switch to a clean setting, I also switch my pickup configuration! Meaning, a bridge positioned pickup is not ideal for a nice clean sound! I like the middle position of humbuckers, especially with coil taps! Also, a slight decrease in volume may be needed! :wink:

thats true jbird, seeingas it sounded bad on ryth and not on treble, i guess middle would sound pretty solid.

this clean almost makes me want to trade it for a tsl100!

Trade the v1 tube out. I dare you.

But the single recto is not known for its cleans. If you put a reverb or chorus on it, it will sound pretty sweet.

TSL dude dont do it. I wouldn't trade my Single Recto for ANY marshall. Well maybe a bluesbreaker. I think thats what is called. Now wait. I'll just go buy that one too. Nevermind :>

Howitzer said:
Trade the v1 tube out. I dare you.

But the single recto is not known for its cleans. If you put a reverb or chorus on it, it will sound pretty sweet.

Yes, reverb and chorus makes a amp sound even sweeter!

I have active EMGs and with clean stuff they don't do my amp any justice. I picked up a 89 with the single coil option and my cleans never sounded better! There is a loss in volume but that is expected and needed IMO.

Latest posts

Back