Single Rec effects loop, breakup/gain issues!! Need help!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimera963

Reaction score
On my single rec, I've got an mxr eq and tc electronic vintage delay stomps running in the loop. On the delays I seem to get breakup as they fade away and if I turn the knobs at high levels, at certain points, I seems to clip or stutter and the amp makes a kinda "DU-DU-DU-DU-DU" effects constantly until they are returned to a lower level. Same thing happens if I put the volume/gain bands too high on the EQ.

I've tried balancing volumes with the mix control on the back panel of the amp, but it's just not getting better.

Is there something wrong with the amp? Does the effects loop have a tube in? If so, do I need to replace it?

Cheers guys.

It's funny you bring this up. I just bought a Rectoverb head on Saturday and had the exact same issues running my Rocktron Intellifex through the loop. Both the "distorted" delays and the oscillation or whatever, where it flutters when the delay is up high.

I screwed around with the levels on the Intellifex and the wet/dry mix knob on the Rectroverb until I finally got a good balance. Now it's fine. I say screw around with the levels more and I think you may find the right mix.

I will say, though, that I think parallel loops are meant to go with rack units that can be set to 100% wet and not pedals.

Thanks for the reply man. I can't seem to find a good balance, I was already suggested to do that. Would it be worth getting it modded to a series loop? Would this fix the issue and make it work with stomps well? Coz I'll never be running rack gear through this, only stomps.

chimera963 said:
Thanks for the reply man. I can't seem to find a good balance, I was already suggested to do that. Would it be worth getting it modded to a series loop? Would this fix the issue and make it work with stomps well? Coz I'll never be running rack gear through this, only stomps.

I don't know FOR SURE, but yes, I think having it modded to a "series" style loop would help with running stompboxes in the loop. That's my take on it, anyway. I haven't done it, but in theory, that's the way to go in your situation.

Chris

^ I do that anyway, have the output at like noon or something and then use the masters to get the volume i want for each channel.

I'm gonna call boogie some time this week, then i can play the sound to them over the phone.

Back