Single or Dual recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPetrucci_DT

Reaction score
Ive been reading about both and ive played the single but not the dual and i have a few questions

1. How are tube rectifiers sound wise compared to the silicone diodes in singles?

2. Is the dual worth the extra 400 or so for 50 watts and extra modes compared to the sinle recto?

3. What's the channel 3 all about and how does it differ to channel 2?

4. Would it be wiser to get a dual rectifier for christmas- or a single with a cab because i would need about 400-500 more for either?

Thank you for any help at all,
-Brian (a soon to be mesa owner)

Ive been reading about both and ive played the single but not the dual and i have a few questions

1. How are tube rectifiers sound wise compared to the silicone diodes in singles?
the dual rec has the option of silicone and tubes, the ubes have more warmth and the diodes seem tighter. i dont often use silicone mode.

2. Is the dual worth the extra 400 or so for 50 watts and extra modes compared to the sinle recto?
i think so, atleast for you its only $400 extra unlike in aus. plus it has an extra channel dont forget.

3. What's the channel 3 all about and how does it differ to channel 2?
channel 3 is the more aggressive and brutal channel, channel 2 is still quite brutal but with a more has smoother creamy'ier feeling.

4. Would it be wiser to get a dual rectifier for christmas- or a single with a cab because i would need about 400-500 more for either?
That depends on how soon your going to be able to get a cab if you get the dual, no point in just having the head.
Thank you for any help at all,
-Brian (a soon to be mesa owner)
no wucking furries, mesa pwns

For both its additional options, I would definitely saw the dual is worth it.

I can't stand the silicon diode setting...without the tube rectos, I don't think I'd like this amp as much as I do.

Not to mention you get a third channel :wink:

Latest posts

Back