Singer Walked Out on Gig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njsurf

Reaction score
My ex egostical self-centered a**-hole of a singer left before a show last night because the owner of the bar wanted us to fill out a tax id. The drummer offered to fill it out on behalf of the band. The singer had a meltdown and got in the owner's face, instead of speaking to him rationally.

This guy was on the way out of the band, but we were hoping to get through the summer and play a bunch of shows.
I have never had any one do this to me. I could understand if things are not working out in a band, I would at least fulfill my obligations and then move on.

I was embarrased and would not be surprised if we never get a gig at this bar again. The singer's attitude was that he is not from this area, so he didn't care if he burned any bridges.

This guy would never help us breakdown or setup. He even said one time that if it wasn't for him we not have any shows.
We put up with guy's sh** way too long.
Sorry for my long rant, but I had to get this out and see if anyone else has a crazy experience like this.

Jeff

Bummer dude.

I saw GnR at Giants Stadium in the early 90's and Axl walked off the stage (and never returned) after supposedly getting hit with a lighter. lol

Three piece band and we all sing. I'd never have a "singer" liability.

At least it's done and you can do plan "b" now...

I do taxes on my income and the other guys (17 years same peeps) never have and they say they'll quit if they ever get audited. Very weird in my view as well as your problem with your singer. It's about the talent/music. Money is a back seat to my caring and the joy of playing.

I've never worked with a singer that didn't go full bore D-bag in the end. To the point where I started singing myself. Unfortunately, I kind of suck at it. :x

I hear ya. My life would be a whole lot easier if I had a kick *** singing voice. :lol:

droptrd said:
I hear ya. My life would be a whole lot easier if I had a kick *** singing voice. :lol:

:mrgreen: Me too, but if I'm up there singing and others are complaining, well.....My amp goes to 11! :mrgreen:

I've always looked at singers like girlfriends. I was looking for one when I found this one!

Back