Silent True Bypass Booster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joepopp

Reaction score
All of the true bypass booster pedals I have tried (so far) have an audible pop when switched in. Does anybody know of one that does not do this? I tried a few non-true bypass and they really mess with the tone of my guitar.

I hear a lot of great things about the Xotic RC Booster but I cannot find anybody that has one to try out. Any reports appreciated!

MK.4.23 Boost

MK423crop.jpg

Here is a sight that has them.. Obviously you cant try it out before hand but the place is very helpful.. no problems when returning anything

http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/Xotic_RC_Booster_p/xtc-rcbst.htm

I use RC Booster and yes it does little pop, but for the result I have, no problem. If you try it, you will buy it. I cannot put this pedal at OFF. I use it on my Mesa Roadster and Bogner Shiva, on clean and disto channel. Very transparent, very usefull with bass, treble, gain and volume knobs.

I try before BB Preamp, excelent pedal, but too much gain (overdrive) for me.

Try the dual boost (DB-2)...It's a boutique clean boost pedal (True bypass) www.bargeconcepts.com. The build quality is awesome and they are located in NYC. A lot less expensive than many of the boosts out there. I'm using one in the loop of my MKIV to get out front.

lailer75 said:
cvansickle said:
MK.4.23 Boost

MK423crop.jpg
wow that looks badass
I demoed this at last summer's NAMM. The builders were really cool about answering some techy questions too. It has tons of clean boost. It's still the sound of your amp, just A LOT louder. The circuitry on this is top notch, it's totally quiet when running - no hiss in the amp, even with the gain turned up all the way - and the switching is totally quiet too. I'm tempted to buy one myself, even though I don't really have a use for it right now.

The MK.4.23 looks like the one I am going to try. I tried the Dunlop MXR MC-401 and was very dsappointed with the bypassed sound. It totally sucked my tone.

I think the name for this pedal has biblical origins. I used a little of my X Files investigative powers...

"An explaination of Mark 4:23 - If any man hath ears to hear, let him hear."

I will report my results of this pedal here.

Latest posts

Back