SIGN THE PETITION, END THE POPPING NOISE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I might as well make my 300th post a bump for a worthy cause.

Ciao ...

If we can hit 100 signatures, I am writing a professional letter and attaching this memo then sending it over to MESA using courier service.

rabies said:
...... Is the behavior with the Roadster due to the switching b/n channels that are using diode and tube rectification? Have you guys tried setting all four channels to diode, for example, and then try to reproduce the popping?

On my RK1 after I cycle thru the first time, no more pops (which is acceptable to me). I'm guessing that doesn't work for all instances of these Roadsters???

It's not that the pop is all that bad AFTER I cycle through channels, but it is slightly there, and yes, between tube/ss rectification it is louder. At good volumes during a song it its hardly even noticable.

I just feel it's at least worth a mention in the manual "to cycle through the channels in standby to keep popping noises to a minimum when switching channels". When I first plugged in the Roadster and switched to channel 3 - POP - I nearly jumped out of my skin. Good thing I have owned a Recto in the past and remembered the standby channel cycling. If I was a noob I might have brought the amp back to the dealer.

Dom

I was going to sign but I called Mike Taylor at Mesa.

My Roadster is brand-spanking new. I was disappointed at hearing the 3rd channel vintage pop while in my basement.

he asked me to crank the amp a little. the pop got buried. i'm sure it's still there, but at rehearsal/gigging volumes (which is why i bought this thing), it wont get heard at all. I was totally relieved that the poppoing didn't increase with the output volume increases.

Mike is a great guy. And he had a logical explaination for common channel popping, much in line with what a lot of the tech-heads on this board have said.

James

Oogadee Boogadee said:
I was going to sign but I called Mike Taylor at Mesa.

My Roadster is brand-spanking new. I was disappointed at hearing the 3rd channel vintage pop while in my basement.

he asked me to crank the amp a little. the pop got buried. i'm sure it's still there, but at rehearsal/gigging volumes (which is why i bought this thing), it wont get heard at all. I was totally relieved that the poppoing didn't increase with the output volume increases.

Mike is a great guy. And he had a logical explaination for common channel popping, much in line with what a lot of the tech-heads on this board have said.

James

Yeah I have the same thing. It frightened me at living room volume, but gigging I barely hear it. Still in my opinion it could be done smoother.
Mesa once made a high-gain amp switcher that did a very good job.
Has anyone ever heard a pop in that. :?:
I checked but my 2:90 also makes a pop when switching from half to full mode. :?

Latest posts

Back