Shure Sm57 VS Shure Beta 57

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinkie

Reaction score
I miced my amp:

- running with tube rectification (tube)
- diode rectification (silicon)

using for each setting a beta57 and a sm57, both known mics for intruments... the result is:

http://download.yousendit.com/A07537D048744F2A

check it out and tell me wich mic ya like the most.
The sound has no kind of eq or treatment.

thanxs.
Bye.

I think that the beta mic stands out a little more, they both sound good to me, but in this case i think i like the beta more.

Beta ^^
curious, what mic placement did you use? and do you mind telling me what interface/software you used for the recordings?

im a n00b when it comes to getting a good sound out of mic'ing :/

Thanks a lot for your repplys... I think its good to share some sample, see how some gear reacts to recordings...It might be useful for someone planing on buying a piece of gear.

well, the mic placement was something like making the mic pointing the edge of the speaker, and then rotating to point to the center, making some angle with the 1st position. I didnt rotate it to the center, but a bit to the side of the center.

The interface is: Edirol UA-101, in wich I use a single mic-pre with no eq. and then sonar, these samples have no eq, I just make 2 tracks on sonar panned left/right to give a more fuller sound, and its important that these tracks are different, or else the streo effect is not achieved.

If ya have more questions just say so...
bye.

oh, and by the way, do you prefer the tube rectification or silicon diode rectification ?

Back