Show Me Your Road Kings...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
Let's see 'em...

Here's mine.

new_cab_1.JPG

RKII_3.JPG

The tubes sockets are atop vs. the bottom on the Head. I don't know why they're like that...as it makes it impossible to convert to a head at a later date or vice versa.

Here's mine... no custom stuff, just a plain ol' Road King hehe

rk.jpg

Undeadpaladin said:
Might be a dumb question, but why on the combo are the controls flip/flopped?

Because both the heads and combos are made on the same chassis with the same physical layout. The difference is that in the combo the chassis hangs upside down (tubes pointing down) and in the head the chassis sits on the bottom of the head shell (tubes pointing up). So, the just stencil the control labels to compensate.

mrd, thanks for the compliment. The RK puts a smile on my face everyday. It's great to be seeing the different variations in the cabs & heads. To bring up a stereo-typical cliche..., ROCK ON !

MetalMatt said:
Hey strat where did you get that stand?

Matt,
Got it from Guitar Center. $40, and it can hold 150 lbs. I wish it didn't tilt back quite so much, but I can live with it. The head is in no danger, as the overall package is very stable and the rubber feet of the head grip the top of the 2x12 very well.

Strat

From On-Stage Stands...
http://www.onstagestands.com/2006brochures/rackamp_brochure.pdf

RS7000
Tiltback Amp Stand
Weight Capacity: 152 lbs.
Height Adj.: 17”-24”
Upper/Lower Arm Length: 12”
Width: 12”
Base Spread: 15.5”
Construction: All-steel
Color: Black Powder Coat Finish

Wowzah. This guy knows how to rock haha.

Killer rig bro, how do you like that RK cabinet? They tried to sell me one when I got my RK but I just settled on a "plain" 4x12 cab.

mrd said:
Wowzah. This guy knows how to rock haha.

Killer rig bro, how do you like that RK cabinet? They tried to sell me one when I got my RK but I just settled on a "plain" 4x12 cab.

Thanks Man! I'm very proud of my rig. The RK cab is a very nice compliment to the RK head. Setting the clean channels through the open back and the dirty channels through the closed back with V30's. Works very well. Thinking about adding another 2x12 closed back cab though.

Back