Show me your rack!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Man! with a power amp like that I'd think you'd want more cab...bet that pre/power combination sounds great though."

I tried running a 2X12 but found it was just a bit too much. The wife can tolerate the 1X12. :p

New setup (top rack).
Sorry for the clutter/dust..still getting things set up.
Better psu/conditioner on the way.

pre-gfII-2/50..Simple as can be.
rack%282%29.jpg

talltxguy said:
"Man! with a power amp like that I'd think you'd want more cab...bet that pre/power combination sounds great though."

I tried running a 2X12 but found it was just a bit too much. The wife can tolerate the 1X12. :p
Understand that...I'm fortunate to have an enthusiastic commander in chief. Not to mention that my music room is pretty quiet, even at a bit of volume.

Bro,

How do you like the Recto power amp with your Triaxis? I have often thought that I would like this better than the 2:Ninety as I love the tone of my Road King II rig more than the Mark series tone of my Triaxis gear.

scottkahn said:
Bro,

How do you like the Recto power amp with your Triaxis? I have often thought that I would like this better than the 2:Ninety as I love the tone of my Road King II rig more than the Mark series tone of my Triaxis gear.

I love the 2:100 with the triaxis.I have used it with a recto pre also.
I only had the chance to use a 2:90 once.But still prefered the 2:100

TOOLGUY said:
New setup (top rack).
Sorry for the clutter/dust..still getting things set up.
Better psu/conditioner on the way.

pre-gfII-2/50..Simple as can be.
rack%282%29.jpg

Sweet rig man, my rack is almost Identical to your top rig, except I have a G major 1. I do love the tones...........

Here's my rig, designed to be idiot proof with individual knob only effects. Plus on the floor my George Lynch wah, Boss OC-2 and mxr phase 90.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rob227 said:

what guitar is that on the side? I recognize the vine inlay from a jem but it doesn't look like its a jem? or maybe I just don't know that model they had so many over the years..

Ibanez Prestige 2820 if I remember correctly, it was a limited production in ? 2003 I think. Similar to the Jem's they have now.

Lol, unfortunately the screw holes don't line up because the quad seems to be slightly larger than the standard size. Anyway I might be due for a different setup built around the quad.

dbsens03 said:
How do you like the Line 6 X2?

It is awesome! Sounds like a cable and no drop outs. But when you pick it up it feels so cheap it's crazy (super light plastic). Of coarse it's protected in my rack. I still totally trust it.

Rob227 said:
Lol, unfortunately the screw holes don't line up because the quad seems to be slightly larger than the standard size. Anyway I might be due for a different setup built around the quad.

As I recall, the Quad was designed to 'force' you to leave some vent space above it. Back in the day, your 16U rack had some spare space. :D

Also--do you just run all effects in one loop in this setup? I used to have three of those Boss half-rack jobbers, and as I recall there was notable volume drop when using them. I used to put them in separate loops on my MIDI Matrix.

I'll keep that in mind as I was going to remove the rack mounts from the quad and file the holes a bit wider. Strangely It doesn't fit on the bottom either though. The vent holes are near the back so depending on what I put above it it might still be ok.

I tried every configuration possible but ended up with the chorus and delay in the loop and everything else in the input after the guitar. There is a noticible volume boost on the boss phaser rack especially that I found annoying. The flanger wasn't too noticeable. I since have sold everything in the rack but the quad and now I have a mesa 50 50 to match with it and amazingly enough all the problems with noise in the channel 1, channel switch malfunctions, and popping sounds switching some channels have all disappeared. :D

Latest posts

Back