Show me your rack!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roadifier said:
SonicProvocateur said:
My show rig right now. I wanna replace the Mosvalve with a 2:90 and add a IIC+ by next year. Rear rigging is not clean, set for lots of gigging and haven't added a tray.

I3010094.jpg

The rear. ISP Decimator and MXR 6-band in the loop.

I3010095.jpg

Why do you have the Mosvalve power amp in your rack. Did you slave out your mesa into it so it would be stereo?

Sorry I'm so late to respond lol. Yes It's slaved from the Mark III. I can run it in stereo or mono. It's set up bridged in mono right now for just extra power.

Nothing too spectacular, but it suits my needs:
Current Live Rig:
TriaxisRig.jpg

Furman PL Plus - E
Triaxis
Lexicon MPX G2
50/50

Living room storage (ask my wife about it):
OldRig.jpg

ADA Preamps
Behringer PEQ
Rocktron Xpression Multi-FX
Uptown Flash Splitter/Mixer/Router
RSP Hush 2000
Rocktron Velocity 150 (old 1st series)

I´m happy with my tone :)

AssaultMotive said:
Power Conditioner/Sennheiser wireless/Line 6 PodXTPro/TriAxis/Rocktron Hush/Aphex Aural Exciter/Drawer/Mesa 2:90
rack-1.jpg
cool thats a good one your gear and and your save vault on the same rack.. hey don't let nobody steal your rack.. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

some changes i my rack:

DSCN4947.jpg

fresh from the box, brand new 2:90, got it yestrday.
this thing is amazing !

050.jpg
..2010 session rig/rack...since this pic, ive added a quad preamp,(lookin for a CAE3+) and moved the 2 VHT's to a 12 space boogie shockmount w/ a Strategy 500 included in the party...

Littleb said:
050.jpg
..2010 session rig/rack...since this pic, ive added a quad preamp,(lookin for a CAE3+) and moved the 2 VHT's to a 12 space boogie shockmount w/ a Strategy 500 included in the party...

Hey, I've seen that rig somewhere before :wink:

Roadifier said:
Littleb said:
050.jpg

Hey, I've seen that rig somewhere before :wink:
awe..you were just seeing double! L.O.L. :D

It's the Rocktron Bradshaw RSB-18. Bradshaw worked with Rocktron for this, although I think it turned out that Bradshaw was not happy having his name on it, and actually from what I remember reading, he didn't contribute much to the production. I may be wrong however.

http://www.wikizic.org/Rocktron-RSB-18-R-F-Bradshaw-Switching-System/reviews-1.htm

It used to be a choice for the touring pro back in the 80s/early 90s, and was pretty expensive. I still think Kirk Hammett uses it today - http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/kirk_hammetts_equipment.htm

I bought mine off ebay for around £250/£300 last year if I remember correctly.

I used to have one of those...If i recall right, it actually did more than my rs10!...Ive since went through an access fx1-which was really nice....Im holdin out for the new RJM midi board gt!...you should see this thing- never been done before- @ each switch there is a window in which you pick the led color , and you name each switch, plus has main window on it too.....Even Bob himself has issued a new board out.....lots of new choices...

Littleb said:
I used to have one of those...If i recall right, it actually did more than my rs10!...Ive since went through an access fx1-which was really nice....Im holdin out for the new RJM midi board gt!...you should see this thing- never been done before- @ each switch there is a window in which you pick the led color , and you name each switch, plus has main window on it too.....Even Bob himself has issued a new board out.....lots of new choices...

Here's a demo of the prototype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjXe4IByTvU&feature=sub

ando said:
Littleb said:

Here's a demo of the prototype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjXe4IByTvU&feature=sub
YYYYAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! 8)

My rack so far. I shall be adding a Recto preamp, along to my Peavey rockmaster rack in progress. Both will run to a 2:100 and two recto 4x12's By thursday :D :D
Pretty simple rack,

Power conditioner
Rack spacer With Input on Front
Pedal tray with an ISP decimator, and TS9
G major 1
Then, Boogie :D

The boogie goes to My marshall Cab with G12T-75's

100_6838.jpg

100_6834.jpg

100_6839.jpg

And for fun, My other .50 caliber rig which will be gone by thursday, traded for the recto preamp, I will Miss It :cry:
100_6826.jpg

All together
100_6823.jpg

I really need to get it all wired up where I can run it like I want .
Right now using Midi Quad with the G-Major/BBe/into 295 would like to get it all run where i can switch between my two Quads and ADA
DSCN2567.jpg

(Main Rack)
Mesa Boogie MIDI Quad Preamp w/Abacus
Mesa Boogie 295 Simul-Class power amp
ADA MQ-1
TC Electronics G-Major
Rocktron Guitar Silencer
BBe 462
Digitech IPS-33b
Furman PQ-3
Lexicon R1
(second rack)
Mesa Quad Preamp w/FU2
Digitech TSR-24
Digital Music Corp GCX
Marshall 9005 Power Amp
ADA MP-1
BBe 462
2 Peavey VTM 4x12 Cabinets

Sorry everyone... Bassist content, beware! :twisted:

ellrigsmall.jpg

Ampeg SVP-Classic Preamp
Mesaboogie 50:50 Poweramp
SWR Workingmans 410 (Modified into 2x 4ohm stereo).

Simple but highly effective.

hellfleet said:
Sorry everyone... Bassist content, beware! :twisted:

ellrigsmall.jpg

Ampeg SVP-Classic Preamp
Mesaboogie 50:50 Poweramp
SWR Workingmans 410 (Modified into 2x 4ohm stereo).

Simple but highly effective.

I never would have thought that would 50w would cut the mustard for a bass without having a DI to the PA. Cool.

I once thought a 15w solid state combo amp could cut rehearsal with a drummer, boy was I wrong, fried like a tater!!!

Well, I rewired my 4x10 from mono (series-parallel) 8ohm to stereo ( 2 x parallel) 4 ohm and into it I run both sides of the amp so its 100 watt which I think is pretty much ideal for what I need. I'd put the volume of this thing at least comparable to 200-300 watts solid state into the same cab albeit breaking up when I push it.

I'm running it into a 4x10 as well so that makes a hell of a difference in terms of volume. I'd never try to use a 15 watt solid state combo with a drummer (maybe if he was using brushes and really behaving himself).

My previous power amp was a crown xti 1000 which gave me 1000 watts at 8 ohms (not that I was ever going to push it that loud without toasting my cab) and before that I had a QSC USA 850 which gave me something like 400 watts. These were great but I'd always had a hankering for a valve power section.

I tried the ampeg svt classic and the marshall vba which weigh in at 300 and 400 watts each and to be honest I think they sound fantastic but for 2011 - there isn't ever a situation where I will be able to turn them up and reach their potential. If I have a valve amp I want to be able to drive the power section a bit. If i'm in a small room I wont need it and even if for some reason I was in an arena with massive PA support the sound engineer would be moaning at me for driving the stage volume up. I'd end up with a beast of a rig (which while totally cool) would be complete overkill. Gone are the days when bands play to 80,000 people using stage volume alone!

With the 50:50 I have a rig that I can drive hard on pretty much all stages and really get some nice grit out of it without fighting every sound man I encounter. Would it be suitable for a bassist that likes a very clean hifi tone? Not at all. But that is what SWR amps are for :)

I'm running it with EHX 6L6GCs matched for the fixed bias from watfordvalves. I might consider doing the bias mod on it and trying out different valves at some point but right now I'm pretty happy with the performance.

Latest posts

Back