Should I sell my mark IV and recto for a mark IIC+????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredding

Reaction score
Ok, I've seen the videos of a mark IIC+ and seen the comments of members here. Makes me GASing for a IIC+ really bad. I've never played a C+ in person so there's a risk if I buy it online.

I'm happy for my current rig. If I can afford buying a new amp without selling the 2 amps, I would rather do that. But do you think IIC+ > IV+reco? I understand that even the 2 amp setup have more versatility but is it worth it to go for the cream of the crop sound rather than keeping 2 above average (mark IV is way above average and the recto's just on par) amps?

BTW, tone wise, I dont really care about the massiveness of the rectos but I rather enjoy the tightness of the Mark series.

Here's an honest answer:

You are happy so far so WAIT until Mesa releases the Mark 5. Then you will have a better chance to own it. I am kinda of holding some funds back thinking it will be the greatest thing out there. So again. NO, wait and use what you have for a bit longer....

between the recto and mark iv you have all the tone you need, the iic+ is not worth both those amps. if you can't pull a good tone from them, you aint dialing your amp right and a iic+ isn't going to make it better :)
Cheers dude!

and yeh, wait for the Mark 5 :)

I really think you need one of each. A Mark series and a Recto. They cover different ground and you'll miss the Recto if u sell it. I play my C+ and Recto almost equally.

I've been reading a lot of references to the mark 5 on this forum and at first I thought it was a casual joke. But I guess it's not. Any info out there on this? links, pics, other threads?!

sorry to derail the thread, but I need to know... :twisted:

Latest posts

Back