Should I add eq to my iic+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooch

Reaction score
I have a IIC+ which i bought a few years ago from the original owner. It is blonde tolex short head in perfect shape. It is really a plain model, no eq, no reverb, no simulclass, etc... I am about to send it to Mike B to go over it and am thinking of having him add eq. I am not sure how much this helps the tone vs. hurts the value. Any opinions? Any other options I should consider having him add?

thanks

I would leave it. Those are some of the best sounding C+'s. Tight and responsive. As Freefall stated, you can put one in the loop for 100 dollars compared to the 600+ it would cost you for Mesa to do it. I don't even think they have the parts to do it anymore. I know they don't have the faceplates.

DaveP said:
I would leave it. Those are some of the best sounding C+'s. Tight and responsive. As Freefall stated, you can put one in the loop for 100 dollars compared to the 600+ it would cost you for Mesa to do it. I don't even think they have the parts to do it anymore. I know they don't have the faceplates.
Yeah, they're out of Mark II faceplates and were using Mark III plates, but those ran out too. They were installing Mark IV eq's, but Mike B advised just putting a good eq in the loop.

Which IIC+ do you have? you could always demo a IIC+ with GEQ, maybe if you are set on having onboard eq, you could trade somebody. I'm in chicago now if you wanna check it out. Just got mine back from Mesa in september, though I'm not looking to trade my HRG C+.

scott

Latest posts

Back