Short demo video of my newly acquired IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elpelotero said:
sounds awesome! What are those settings? So thick!

Thanks man!

Settings were something like;

Volume 1 8 Pull
Treble 7 Pull
Bass 2 Pull
Middle 5
Master 1 1.5 Pull
Lead Drive 7.5
Lead Master 3.5
Presence Just below 3

EQ is a modified V, with 750 about halfway between middle and bottom and 6600 dipped just below 2200. Simul-Class, EL34s in the outer sockets.

nice tone man!
No problem with using a step-down trafo (230->117V) ? I`ve heard so many times people say it sucks in tone, but I dont know, just curious.

C+Simul-Class without export-trannie are way easier to find.

KRAUT said:
nice tone man!
No problem with using a step-down trafo (230->117V) ? I`ve heard so many times people say it sucks in tone, but I dont know, just curious.

No problems here. I've used a couple heads like it and never had any issues.

I've never even heard of that phenomena? I've heard people say the opposite, that they were designed to run at that voltage, so sound better, but I thought that was BS too.

Random Hero said:
KRAUT said:
nice tone man!

No problems here. I've used a couple heads like it and never had any issues.

I've never even heard of that phenomena? I've heard people say the opposite, that they were designed to run at that voltage, so sound better, but I thought that was BS too.
You've never used it by the US wall socket haven't you? So you never know if there's indeed tone problem. I use a transformer too and I'm not sure if voltage is a problem. I can't tell the difference between my Mark IV's tone and the others' on youtube or somewhere else anyway

Latest posts

Back