Short chassis head owners?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nocluejimbo

Reaction score
Could you measure the overall height (not including feet) of your short head's cabinet?

Would it be possible to have an inside shot, with and without the amp unit?

This would be really appreciated. I'm about to embark on rehousing my IIc combo into a head & cab setup, but I can't really find too many specs online. Thanks for your help and time.

The box is 8 1/8 tall. No reverb does have a fan.

DSCN1074%20copy.jpg

MKIIC+ 60/100

I like the tone tubby speaker. I don't run them on the 100 watt setting but they can handle 60 watts fine they are rated for 40 each. They are very warm and this amp is set up for a Santana sound.

908ssp said:
I like the tone tubby speaker. I don't run them on the 100 watt setting but they can handle 60 watts fine they are rated for 40 each. They are very warm and this amp is set up for a Santana sound.
For some reason, I like to have speakers wattage handling just barely around the wattage power of the amp.
Say you have a 100 watt amp and running 4x12". I would like each speaker to handle 25 watts, or 30 watts but not like 4 x 12" each speaker handling 100 watts.

There is something about pushing speakers to their limits.

Same with transformers. Some like pulling out two of four power stage tubes and removing one of their rectifier tubes. Now the amp once 100 watt is now running at 50 watts. But the transformer is not "saturated" so it doesn't sound like a natural 50 watts amp if you know what I mean.

Sorry, just rambling on, too much coffee, time to change to decaff.

I agree with your for the most part. But think saturating the transformers is a lot more evident in my Marshalls then in my Boogies. I also don't think 200 watt EVs sound that good just too stiff and controlled for my taste. TT only come as 40 watts each and a boogie set to 100 watts can put out a lot more then that if you get the power amp tubes distorting. Plus I have a nice pair of black plate GE's in the outside sockets of the 60/100 so I just want to use those and ignore the other pair.

908ssp said:
... saturating the transformers is a lot more evident in my Marshalls then in my Boogies.
Yeah, I kinda figured that. I love Boogies for gigging because I'm not a pedal / stomp box guy and like footswitching the distortion channel.

But when it comes certain amp sound, I prefer those one-trick pony vintage or vintage replicate amps. Not very versatile amps but they do one thing great. I'm looking into many kit amps and from reading alot of amp design, alot of the sound has to do with the output transformer. Some like the transformer to saturate, some prefer not.

Talking about EVs, I tried to talk my friend NOT to sell his Mark II because he had EVs and they were loud! I said try something like Altec [Carlos tone in the "Europa" era] or Celestion (at the time Weber or Tubby Tone weren't available on the internet) with the Mark II. He sold it anyway and regrets it since.

Latest posts

Back