She's on the way...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastforded

Reaction score
I waited FOREVER for my Mesa. And it was always which one... then by chance, I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlimy5dg2lM

It took my browser a while to load the video, so I was across the room when he started wailing, and i said
OMFG

that's the sound I have been looking for every time I tried adjusting my amp....

Haven't got close to that sound yet, or even remotely close to it, with anything I have owned or tried (excluding Mesa Boogie)...

This video sold me.

Its on the way! a Mark 3 Blue Stripe Combo (with the Black Shadow speaker..)

Now I need to find an ANVIL case... and more importantly those 3 foot pedals.

What are the pedals I need? a black LEAD/RHYTHM and a gray RHYTHM 2 and RED=RHYTHM 1 pedal, and a EQ/REV footswitch... wow... 3 pedals. SWEET.

My subdivision is REALLY gonna hate me... especially when its nice outside.

It has the input jack and foot pedal jack on the front

it has the Rhythm 2 and EQ-REV jacks on the back
It has the Effects Return jack and SEND jack on the back

Also the Direct Jack and Knob
And the Presence and Reverb knobs and 3 speaker jacks.

I'm camping out now... Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone!

Bought a BOOGIE! 8)

The Mark III is the best amp ever with the blue stripe getting the most votes for favorite edition. This amp will change your world as there is no better amp to get at this point, unless you find a IIC+. You can get an after market foot pedal that has all three pedals in one. The case you may find, I got mine on Craigslist for $100, actually I have gotten many, all my gear is in ATA cases including my guitars and have never paid more than $100 for a case. The louder the better as far as tone goes and if it sounds good now, tubes can make a big difference so note what it comes with for tubes so down the line you'll have an idea of what the amp likes. My Mark III gets the most use out of all my amps because of it's chameleon personality and it's ability to work well with other amps, especially Marshalls. I get clean enough cleans, crunchy rhythm, and soaring leads like no other with my Mark III. It's tone gets more and more refined over time as I get used to it, but I never had a hard time getting a good tone right away following the suggested setting chart for tones that came with the amp.

Markedman said:
The Mark III is the best amp ever with the blue stripe getting the most votes for favorite edition. This amp will change your world as there is no better amp to get at this point, unless you find a IIC+. You can get an after market foot pedal that has all three pedals in one. The case you may find, I got mine on Craigslist for $100, actually I have gotten many, all my gear is in ATA cases including my guitars and have never paid more than $100 for a case. The louder the better as far as tone goes and if it sounds good now, tubes can make a big difference so note what it comes with for tubes so down the line you'll have an idea of what the amp likes. My Mark III gets the most use out of all my amps because of it's chameleon personality and it's ability to work well with other amps, especially Marshalls. I get clean enough cleans, crunchy rhythm, and soaring leads like no other with my Mark III. It's tone gets more and more refined over time as I get used to it, but I never had a hard time getting a good tone right away following the suggested setting chart for tones that came with the amp.

Yep I'm ecstatic. The mark 2c changed my life when i saw them live cranked up... That was definitely something that's lasted all these years...I grew up on Marshall's and the JCM900... It was a great amp and always sounded like a Marshall.. As I got older I started noticing time and sound was great but it was just missin something... That I think is why a Marshall is a Marshall. They all have a manufactured feel and sound... Mesas are hand made I believe and I can certainly attest that I hadn't heard any mesas that sounded like they came from a "cookie cutter" design and production line...

I have Been reading up on mesa now, Finallly have the reason I needed...

And the amps. I found a shop that still has some authetic mesa pedals for this so maybe that's the way to instead of what I see online... I know it's just a switch but if they have a set of real Mesa pedals that's probably best...

Not even sure if they are just switch pedals or have something else inside besides a switch...

Not sure what tubes are in it yet...

The pic i have is blurry but I think I see 5a 100watt by the ground switch on the back left (ground a/off/ground b)
and
The far right switch says class a on the bottom but the top writing is blurred in the picture...
Looks like it says simuclas...

Got to reread the notes on simuclass...class a and class ab...

So much to learn...

And the 2 center tubes have red base and the outside 2 tubes have a black base

I think they are all 6l6 tubes because other than they color band difference they look alike..

Found the manual...

Thanks for all the help... Any more info appreciated... Some stuff on the Internet is just junky...

Patiently awaiting the big brown truck...

In my research I can across this statement:

"Mesa Mark III Blue Stripe
The fourth revision was the "Blue Stripe" Mark III which featured a blue marker stripe above the power cord. The amplifier was voiced so bright, it is considered to be the most aggressive Mark Series Boogie ever introduced. The power amp was also altered to mirror that of the IIC+."

Yep, sounded perfect. Then I listened to that video above. SOLD.

I was always looking for the mark 2C. guess its my next boogie if I have some luck, find one stashed away somewhere, and who ever is selling it lives under a rock and doesn't have a clue what they really have..... Not holding my breathe...

Well, the wait of a lifetime is over, and well worth the wait...

Unbelievable and breathtaking.

There's simply no words that adequately describe the amp...Perhaps "speechless"

I should have gotten ones years ago, not sure why I waited other than I didn't want to make a choice...

Thanks for all the help and suggestions... The research, testing and advice certainly paid off and what I got was MORE than I ever expected...way more.

Latest posts

Back