Settings for a mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a blues/rock player. I have a mark III and I was wondering if I could get a dumble like tone out of my mark iii. (think bonamassa, robben ford etc...)
Does anybody have some good settings for that type of tone?

Cheers!!

How's about this?

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=0&d1=80&d2=50&d3=20&p3=1&d4=70&d5=20&d6=40&p6=1&d7=20&p=40&g1=70&g2=50&g3=25&g4=50&g5=60&t=Robben+Ford

This is with a Blue Stripe head on a EVM 12L equipped Thiele.
STR-415s in the inner sockets, STR-416s outer, set to Simul-Class.
The guitar used to dial it in is a PRS McCarty, sort of a Les Paul-style, mahogany and maple, humbuckers. 9-42 SIT strings. Nothing too special or hot-rodded.
I get more dynamics by backing off the guitar volume a couple notches.
Naturally, YMMV, depending on your guitar, strings, speakers, tubes, etc.

Hey, saw your other thread about microphonics and feedback.
The first pre-amp 12AX7, the one closest to the input jack, is always the first suspect. Always change tubes one-at-a-time, then sound check to see if the problem is solved. If not, go to the next tube in line, but one-at-a-time is usually best.

carlton/ford era material on the old marks are to first raise the mids..7-ish
that gives the amp the ultimate singing qualities..
keep volume and treble in the 5-6 range
bass 0-2 = to taste
master volume = to taste (pulled for fuller bass response)
lead gain -6-7
lead master 6-7

*vol,treb,mstr vol,lead, and lead mstr are pul
ed*

does yours have GEQ?

also, as mark III mentioned, tubes count into the equation just the same.

Thanks a lot guys great info so far.

BTW, My mark III has the GEQ but no simul-class. I have reverb but it's not working how it should sometimes. I have tung-sol 6l6gc power tubes (and a bias mod on the amp)

MrMarkIII said:
Hey, saw your other thread about microphonics and feedback.
The first pre-amp 12AX7, the one closest to the input jack, is always the first suspect. Always change tubes one-at-a-time, then sound check to see if the problem is solved. If not, go to the next tube in line, but one-at-a-time is usually best.

I solved my problem right after posting that thread. It was my reverb tube acting wierd. Probably not just the tube, something else is also wrong with the reverb circuit, but the tube was just that extra thing the reverb needed to feedback all the time.

Back