Serial and parallel effect loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webstersp

Reaction score
How do I know if the effect loop is serial of parallel?
I jus tsold my amp and I want to buy a mesa amp (older 2 channel rectifier, tremoverb, mark IV or mark iii) but
I have a TC G-Major and need the effect llop to be serial.

I will buy from ebay so I need to know and some vendors I asked about the effect loop didn't know wich one it was...

I have found this for the dual rectifiers:

Serial effects loop — This can be identified in the back of the amp by the presence of only a Send knob and one arrow pointing to the jack.
Parallel effects loop — Identifiable by the presence of two knobs (Send and Return) and two arrows pointing to the jacks. This appears on every Revision G

1) All Revision G's have parallel loops and all Revision F's have serial loops. But whereas all Revision F's have a serial loop, small logo, and attached power cord, there are some G's that carry over the attached power cord and a small logo in addition to a parallel loop. This is contrary to later Revision G's that have a detachable power cord, large logo, and a parallel loop.

I'm looking for an older Dual Rectifier with serial loop (want to use G-major with it, don't like to have many pedals). Revision F seems to be the one I'm looking for.

What about the Mark II and Mark IV effect loops!?

Latest posts

Back