Sell duel rectifier&4x12 to get les paul 58 vos after 3wks?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moodyedge

Reaction score
after a few weeks of messing im not finding the tone I want from the new setup I bought (duel rectifier head and 4x12 rectifer cab with maxon od808)

Ive wanted a R8 for a while..Ive got a 97 standard with bareknuckle pickup in the bridge and 50s wiring mod with oil and paper caps but still want a 58 reissue

not sure i could part with that 97 standard as its the 1st les paul i ever had and ive gigged with it for almost 3 years so you kinda get attached to it i find, maybe thats just me?

i really cant decide what to do.

i bought a duel rec after wantng a heavier tone, more metal but now ive got one ive gone off the metalcore stuff i was listening to and am back to the blues, gary moore, free, buddy guy etc etc. now i want a more bluesy vintage tone.i thought i could have both optins with the mes but....cannot get it to sound how i like...its endless......note- i have not played it very loud..just lower bedroom levels....master on 12 and output on 7.30

i still have a orange rocker 30 ive used with the LP..
any ideas

heres the post on tone issues with the duel rec etc.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=40292

whatever gear i seem to get i always change my mind and want someting different. But I have played the same setup orange rocker>matamp 2x12 cab>97 Standard for 3 years and liked it a lot.

ive had other amps etc before and a few guitars inbetween that ive sold after a few weeks..inc a new jackson dkmgt dinky and new sg standard..i hated the necks.

is it just a guitarist trait that they are never happy ???

Yeah, it sure is.

You might try one of the customizable preamps, the ones with replaceable modules, or go for a basic Fender or Marshall and run some OD or Dist pedals to switch up the tone.

Or keep trading equipment like the rest of us...

Incidentally, the recto is unique in that it is really designed to get only ONE sound, the recto sound. Lots of other amps can get a pretty wide range of tones. I have a Mesa studio preamp, and I can get just about anything out of it. I've read that the Quad preamp and Triaxis are even more flexible. When I change my mind, I just twist the knobs.

Latest posts

Back