SED Winged C EL34's in Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the SED EL34's in their Roadster? I currently run SED 6L6's but am curious about the EL34's. I have recently gotten away from playing hard rock & metal, so the big low end thump ,in your face tone is not as important to me as it used to be. Thanks

jhguitar1 said:
Has anyone tried the SED EL34's in their Roadster? I currently run SED 6L6's but am curious about the EL34's. I have recently gotten away from playing hard rock & metal, so the big low end thump ,in your face tone is not as important to me as it used to be. Thanks

Ive been wondering the same thing as well. Im stuck between the SED 6L6 or SED EL34, how do you find the SED 6L6 vs the stock Mesa 6L6?

I'm also very interested hearing this! Stock Mesa 6L6 vs. SED 6L6??

A Finnish internet tube seller (www.uraltone.com) suggested me SED 6L6 tubes for Mesa. They said that SED are the best tube manufactured today. And that New Sensor is now manufacturing tubes with name (Svetlana, EH, Sovtek, Tung-sol) and their quality and sound is worse. Since Mesa is only interested in how long tubes last, I'm looking for best possible sound. SED is closest thing to NOS and best part is that this store measures tubes, so I can put them straight to my Mesa Stereo 2:Fifty without changing bias. I probably have to try EL34 also in my power amp to see if sound gets even better on overdrive channel..

Latest posts

Back