Schecter vs. Ibanez with active pups??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rabies said:
they listen. but might not enjoy like you do.

:wink:

Enjoy what? Listening to illiterate monkey babble incessantly about nothing? Ha! Sorry if I used too many big words there for you little buddy!
retard.jpg

if youre getting rid of that guitar let me know. schecter can make good guitars. the only one id consider would be the c-1 classic so actives arent really an option. there is the hellraiser but i think its floyd equipped.

I have a Schecter C-1 Elite with EMGs 81/85 and I love it!! The clarity in the subtle note changes in chords under heavy distortion is unmatched! There are things passives can't do that actives can and vice versa... to each his own.

rabies said:
so do you think that EMG's are best for hard rock with jazz chords to block the muddiness? like a E7#9 with lots of distortion?

hmmm...

trying to remember how the (non)muddiness was with my old band rig stated above...
More gain has always made jazzier chords sounds worse in my experience. If you want that to be articulate, I wouldn't expect a really high gain pickup to be the answer.

grab the RGT. great guitar for the money. i have two prestige rga's, an older rg with a trem, and i'm thinking about pickup up another rgt. i loved that guitar

I've got a Schecter Hellraiser without the Floyd Rose, it's neck through and it's got active EMG's in it and I think it sounds great. Try and give it a go at some point. It's worth the $650 I payed for it. Most definitely.

Back