Schecter C1 Classic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adambomb

Reaction score
So lets hear what everybody has to say about the Schecter C1 classic. I have had mine for about a year and the only thing that could be better is that there is too much bass in the low E string. The strings sound a little out of tune sometimes when I fret them, but the tuner says they are in tune. Is that intonation problems?

Other than that I absolutely love this guitar. Best shred guitar under $1000 I think.

it is a great guitar but there have been better for under 1k. for instance, the eb sub 1 and pretty much whatever mij ibanez that is to your liking, for me its the s470. its a shame they are both discontinued

This is my first post!
My Dad was just talking about the Schecter stuff today. I had one for awhile. He liked it then and was saying man if it weren't for MIK these things would be such a big deal.
I still feel they are some of the most under-rated guitars out there.
The fit and finish are usually incredible although the problem I think you are describing might be a nut problem. I was having problems like that with a Comanche I had and a new nut made that thing perfect!

I've owned a C-1 Hellraiser FR for about two months now ( http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=23700 ) and have nothing but good things to say about this guitar so far. It plays great, looks great, and is made with some great components (EMG, Floyd Rose, Grover etc).

The question is, how will it stand the 'test of time'? I've had my 35 yr old Les Paul for 24 years now. Now that's a guitar that just gets better with age. Two re-frets and she still plays great!

Hopefully I'll be making those praises of my Schecter in 10+ years :)

Dom

domct203 said:
The question is, how will it stand the 'test of time'? I've had my 35 yr old Les Paul for 24 years now. Now that's a guitar that just gets better with age. Two re-frets and she still plays great!

Hopefully I'll be making those praises of my Schecter in 10+ years :)

Dom

Very cool point. I have talked to several people about some of the MIM and MIK Fenders. Sure you can find a decent one but will it age like an American? Not sure... we'll all see.

A screw and small washer came off yesterday in the electronic switcher in the back. I can't figure out what it goes to now.

Adambomb said:
So lets hear what everybody has to say about the Schecter C1 classic. I have had mine for about a year and the only thing that could be better is that there is too much bass in the low E string. The strings sound a little out of tune sometimes when I fret them, but the tuner says they are in tune. Is that intonation problems?

Other than that I absolutely love this guitar. Best shred guitar under $1000 I think.

I have the C1 Plus, and it's a nice guitar, the out of tune you speak of is probably the Jumbo Frets it has, your most likley going sharp when pressing to hard. I had the same problem with an RG since I wasn't used to the monster frets, I had them filed down then leveled and crowned. Playes much better, will probably do the same with the C1 if I decide to keep it.

Skully said:
Adambomb said:

I have the C1 Plus, and it's a nice guitar, the out of tune you speak of is probably the Jumbo Frets it has, your most likley going sharp when pressing to hard. I had the same problem with an RG since I wasn't used to the monster frets, I had them filed down then leveled and crowned. Playes much better, will probably do the same with the C1 if I decide to keep it.

Makes since. Im not used to jumbo frets. How much was it to file the frets down on your other guitar?

Makes since. Im not used to jumbo frets. How much was it to file the frets down on your other guitar?

I payed $71.00 and that included a new set of strings. I'm not sure if that's an average price or not, but it was worth every penny because otherwise I would not of played it and since I can't stand selling guitars, it would of just sat collecting dust.

I was thinking of trading my Schecter for a PRS. Is that a bad idea? Are PRS guitars good for metal rhythm and leads?

Adambomb said:
I was thinking of trading my Schecter for a PRS. Is that a bad idea? Are PRS guitars good for metal rhythm and leads?

You're gonna need a lot of cash if you plan to trade for a PRS, unless it's an SE. And PRSes (Customs especially) are excellent guitars for metal (or pretty much any other genre really...)

If it's the SEs you're talking about, don't bother.

I've had my C1 Classic since the first of the year, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I did have one small problem with the low E slipping out of the saddle (I'm tuned to C, and the string tension is pretty low), but a couple passes with a small file fixed it up.

For the money, they are very good guitars. I've noticed a few finish flaws, but I'm also very nit-picky, and most people would never notice them.

Several of my buddies have played it, and they all were amazed by how well it plays and sounds. With a proper setup, they will smoke.

Adambomb said:
The strings sound a little out of tune sometimes when I fret them, but the tuner says they are in tune. Is that intonation problems?

yes, that's intonation problems.

Latest posts

Back