Satchurator or Ocd?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Setzer

Reaction score
I keep reading how good the Ocd is on this board but I have yet had a go with one myself.

All the talk about them has made me think about getting one but with the new Satchurator pedal about to hit the shelves with a pretty good price tag I was wondering if anyone had any ideas which I should go for.

Sound wise I love Satriani's sound and really dont like the Metallica type.I prefer to hear the guitar itself rather than full on overdrive that sounds much the same with any guitar.

Any views?

Get em both! :twisted: The OCD is a going down as a time tested legend of rock pedal at this point. The satch-a-ma-thing has yet to be proved. Although it may become one. Also the OCD is on it's 4th version. Meaning they've refined it even further.

I just picked up an OCD last week and love what it does for channel 2 & 3 of my roadster, it just gives me more of my tone. If you like your tone get an OCD...if you like satches tone, try the satchurator and keep the receipt so you can return it and get an OCD (just kidding, you may love the satch pedal)

i think the key part of blackman's post is that he mentioned it keeps your tone which is right on the money. it has a lot of gain in it if need be (say with a medium/low gain amp) but the beauty of it is when you crank the volume, add a little drive and have the tone knob between 10 and 2... adds a nice layer of cream to leads and fattens up clean tones nicely. also it responds well when rolling off the volume of your guitar.

I'd get them both, and a/b them. Send the one you don't like back, send them both back, or if you're really impressed keep 'em.

Latest posts

Back