Santana Style Latin clip featuring '84 Mesa MkIIC+ 60 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
I figured since Santana uses Mesa's for his tone, I'd do a clip to a Santana style backing. I also got brave and layered a 3 part guitar harmony at the beginning. Here's the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=6064721

yea please. i've been meaning to experiment with the non high gain tones of my mark iv. ala santana or eagles type stuff. ive got some les pauls i wanna screw around with.

Elpelotero said:
it sounds beautiful!!! what kind of settings and what not are you using here? and what scale?

Thanks Elp. Here were the settings for the recording:

Vol 1- 7 (Pulled)
Treb - 6 1/2 (Pulled)
Bass - 3 1/2 (Pulled)
Mid - 4
Master 1- 2 1/2 (Pulled)
Lead Drive - 6 (Pulled)
Lead Master - 2 1/2 (Pulled)
Presence - 5

I used my Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top Classic in the bridge humber pickup. No other pedals were used. I added delay post recording. I layered the beginning 3 part guitar harmonies.

nice work as usual, we have every similar settings on our C+ (I'm a big fan of pulling everything too)

Platypus said:
nice work as usual, we have every similar settings on our C+ (I'm a big fan of pulling everything too)

Thanks Platy. When you pull the tone knobs it seem to compress and saturate the tone better. I seem to get better articulation and definition in the notes. :)

Definitely.. fattens them up too. I imagine if I was cranking this thing I wouldn't pull all of them but I can't get up to gig levels at home :p

that is some great stuff Texsunburst59 :p

I can't wait until I post up my clip of intro to "Smoke On the Water" But first I have to get down right. I think I got the first two chord down, Does it start with a "G"? Man, I'm hosed if you guys say it starts with some other chord other than a G. That means back to drawing board for me. :?

Seriously Texsunburst59, that some great stuff, ...

You did post some bluesy Fender "Allen Mod" clips didn't you? That too was some great stuff. Who would have known both clips was from you? Great guitar works, two completely different styles :wink:

RR said:
that is some great stuff Texsunburst59 :p

I can't wait until I post up my clip of intro to "Smoke On the Water" But first I have to get down right. I think I got the first two chord down, Does it start with a "G"? Man, I'm hosed if you guys say it starts with some other chord other than a G. That means back to drawing board for me. :?

Seriously Texsunburst59, that some great stuff, ...

You did post some bluesy Fender "Allen Mod" clips didn't you? That too was some great stuff. Who would have known both clips was from you? Great guitar works, two completely different styles :wink:

Thanks RR. It's kinda a funny,but at heart I'm a true Hard Rock, Blues type of guitarist. These are the styles I like to jam to,but I've been playing in a Texas Country Band for about 8 yrs. We've actually had a few songs on the Texas charts and we share the stage with all the Big Texas acts when the come through town. I just can't listen to country music. I'm just playing it for the money and when I'm at home in my studio I'm recording clips to backing tracks the I like. I really hope to get into a classic rock blues band so I can really did the music I play. :)

Elpelotero said:
what recording rig are you using??

I'm using an Apex 460 Tube condenser mic. into a Tascam USB-122 interface into my Dell computer running a 4 yr. old Guitar Tracks Pro 2 recording program. All EQ'ing and delay if any come from the program.It's really a very simple and plain set up,but I'm able to get good results without too much work. :)

Latest posts

Back