running the fan

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think runnign with out the fan would be kindda dumb, its there it doesnt suck tone or make any noise in a band situation. Its only helping the tubes and teh transformer and ****. Maybe its put there for a reason? I just know i rather have a on board fan cooli9ng my **** than having a hot as **** running head. Less problems, less money cost due to blown tubes.

phyrexia said:
It's not real loud...

Very true. My Stiletto Ace's fan was at least twice as loud. Very annoying! I don't even notice the V's fan except when I first turn it on and hear it spin up.

mine makes a noise, a slight buzz when the fan is on, according the schematic this is because they tied in into the same circuit as the first preamp tube...not the best way to implement the fan....not loud enough to bother at performance levels...but it is there

i also notice an overall ground hum on all channels, most noticeably on the clean channel...probably due to the lack of high gain hiss on that channel...

with all that being said, i love the amp...tones are awesome, i just wish it was quieter....

davidl13 said:
mine makes a noise, a slight buzz when the fan is on, according the schematic this is because they tied in into the same circuit as the first preamp tube...not the best way to implement the fan....not loud enough to bother at performance levels...but it is there

i also notice an overall ground hum on all channels, most noticeably on the clean channel...probably due to the lack of high gain hiss on that channel...

with all that being said, i love the amp...tones are awesome, i just wish it was quieter....

Sure it's not a dirty power issue or some other electrical device on the same circuit? Mine is quiet as a mouse.

The fan is very quiet on my V. I wasn´t even sure if it was on before took a closer look.

the fan itself is very quiet

the noise is the electrical load put on the circuit that transfers through to the speaker...

i think there must be something wrong with my unit...

davidl13 said:
the fan itself is very quiet

the noise is the electrical load put on the circuit that transfers through to the speaker...

i think there must be something wrong with my unit...

And it makes this noise with your guitar volume turned down? Tried changing out tubes?

Back