Ruby 6L6MSTR or SED Winged C 6L6 or ? for Tremoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbmesa

Reaction score
Hi , has anyone tried these two 6L6s in their DR ? What would you recommend ? What is the consensus these days ? Thanks

I am considering buying a quad of the SED =C= 6L6's for my DR.
Does anyone have any Pre-amp tubes for recomendation to go with these power tubes? I was considering some of the high gain JJ ECC83S's. All opinions are welcome. Thanks!

If it were me I'd swap V1 with a Tung Sol instead of a JJ high gain and leave whats in the rest alone and play it a while before changing any others.For power tubes the Seds are great my only experience is with the 6L6s and I dig'em.In my experience swapping tubes can get costly and time consuming. But if you got the dough and time Rock-on!From my journey with swapping I like the amp the way it is with slight tube changes and I've had my share of tube chess!!For others it can be fun though for me its in the playing.

V 1 and V 3 are the most critical so I use Tung=Sol 12AX7. Others really don't matter as long as their quiet so I use Chinese (stock Boogie) in V 2 and V 4. In V 5 i use a matched and balanced tube but its not that critical. Too many Russian Pre-amp tubes makes it sound dark. Too many Chinese pre-amp tubes makes it way too bright so I mix em up. My new Roadster had a mixture of Russian and Chinese pre amp tubes right from Boogie.

Alrighty, thanks for the tips, i have 2 tung sols so i will pop them in and try that with some SED's!

Latest posts

Back