ROV wont work with Groove tubes 6l6S

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Reaction score
I understand these are relabeled JJ's. Iput the tubes in and within short while the amp startes acting up. Making fuzzy noises. If I put in my set of Mullard EL34's or the original tubes its OK.

Bad tubes I guess. Bummer is tat I love the way the GT/JJ's sound. Anyone else have this issue ?

Nope. JJ 6L6's in my solo fifty head, and it howls along just fine. I use lots of JJ's around here along with several other labels, and have never encountered the issue you mentioned.

Do I remember correctly that the ROV has a bias switch for 6L6 - EL34 swaps?

M

Yes it does (switch) and it will definitely mess with your tubes if the switch isn't set correctly.

MasterTrax said:
Nope. JJ 6L6's in my solo fifty head, and it howls along just fine. I use lots of JJ's around here along with several other labels, and have never encountered the issue you mentioned.

Do I remember correctly that the ROV has a bias switch for 6L6 - EL34 swaps?

M

I've got the bias switch selected to the proper tube type.

I actually th ink I had the misfortune of getting a bum tube...all the troubleshooting I have done is showing a tube fault. They are going ack for a couple replacements.

Back