Roland JC 120H question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigbowy

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a jc 120h and I was wondering if any of you can tell me if yours has these 3 components on the bottom of the PCB? As you can see in the picture, I have them all disconnected and the amp seems to function fine. I just found it odd that they would be on the bottom, and the solder job looked un-professional. This picture is taken directly under the "distortion" pot.

Anybody else have these?

Thanks
BB

2zq7jfs.jpg

Since two of the components are diodes (the other is a resistor) and given where they are on the board, I suspect it's an attempt to improve the sound of the distortion. It does look aftermarket for sure - even if it was a 'factory update' (you sometimes see these) the workmanship doesn't look right. Not bad, but not factory.

94Tremoverb said:
Since two of the components are diodes (the other is a resistor) and given where they are on the board, I suspect it's an attempt to improve the sound of the distortion. It does look aftermarket for sure - even if it was a 'factory update' (you sometimes see these) the workmanship doesn't look right. Not bad, but not factory.

Well, that's kinda what I thought. Like I said, It seems to have no effect on the operation of anything. I assumed someone was trying to change the crappy distortion that these things have.

Take care.

Right now i'm replacing all the op amps with new ones to try to get rid of some of the hiss on this thing. Anybody else with one of these know if the components In the picture are stock?

Merry Christmas

Back