Roland Jazz chorus 120

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the A/B so now I got the best of both worlds super clean roland and nasty distortin from my .50cal, well good enough for my limited playing ability!!!! also plugging the .50 cal(combo) thru the Rolands speakers sounds much better

thinskin57 said:
i've heard that there have been good and bad eras for that amp, not sure what the "good" years were though. but for 100 bucks? no brainer! it's hard to buy a good stomp box for that price these days. the fact that every modeling amp pays homage to the JC120 says something too, right?

the good era was in the 80s..... i had a late 80s one and like most people here, i think its is hands down the best clean ampo out there..... the chorus on the amp is hands down the shining star of choruses..... thats all due to the fact that the chorus is naturally created by controlling how out of sync the speakers output the signal.... chrous pedals try to do this artifially but nothing touches a naturally produced chorus..... i had mine for years (bought it for 300 used) and a/b'd it with my multitude of different high gain amps i had during that time (TR, DR, ROV, Mark IV, Triaxis).... i finally sold it because my band had broken up and i needed to unload everything to help pay off my college loans..... i do regret ever getting rid of it but i ended up selling it for 600 to some guy that was looking for that year JC-120.... i guess thats sort of a silver lining but i know one day i will have another one..... for $100 thats liking getting it for free (thats my logic) because you own something that has a value well over $100. if you dont buy it let me know who your contact is.

my $100 amp **** the bed on me, well only channel 2 works now,If I turn the vol on chan 1 to 10 and chan 2 to 0 there is no noise/hissing dirty voume pot noise etc if I turn volume to 10 on chan2 and 0 on chan 1 I can hear hissing/dirty pot type noise.it does not matter if anything is plugged into high/low inputs on either channel it is as if the amp is stuck permant on chan 2, thats ok because chan 2 has the chorus/vibrato effects!!!! any ideas on what could have broken? both speakers are working and everthing on chan 2 works

taylor414rce2003 said:
my $100 amp sh!t the bed on me, well only channel 2 works now,If I turn the vol on chan 1 to 10 and chan 2 to 0 there is no noise/hissing dirty voume pot noise etc if I turn volume to 10 on chan2 and 0 on chan 1 I can hear hissing/dirty pot type noise.it does not matter if anything is plugged into high/low inputs on either channel it is as if the amp is stuck permant on chan 2, thats ok because chan 2 has the chorus/vibrato effects!!!! any ideas on what could have broken? both speakers are working and everthing on chan 2 works

one thing that i hated about my jc120 was the input jacks... they used the cheap plastic kinds which gave me tons of headaches..... i had them switched out for sturdy metal jacks and solved a lot of my issues (hum was a huge one)..... unless you're actually using channel 1, you might be alright without bringing it to a tech.... i never used channel 1 for anything.... channel 2 on that amp produces some of the greatest sounds i've ever heard and its loud as ****

the jc120 is an absolute must for a multi-amp rig...... a fantastic classic and thr perfect foil for a screaming Boogie

Latest posts

Back