Roadster's tuner out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use mine. Mine is up front on my pedal board. I would imagine it's more useful for those using rack gear.

Has anyone used the tuner out signal in the audio path?

I'd like to use it for splitting the guitar out so that I can send it to another preamp.

123thefirst said:

I'd like to use it for splitting the guitar out so that I can send it to another preamp.

Why complicate things? A/B Box? :roll:

jbird said:
123thefirst said:

Why complicate things? A/B Box? :roll:

Sorry JBird, adding an A/B Box would be my idea of complicating things.
Running direct into the RK or Roadster gives you purity. Going into an
A/B Box sticks a bunch of extra metal pathways for the poor electrons
to get dispersed, not to mention halving the current if it's a passive box.
If it's an active box the impedance will be messed up going into the amp.
That may not bring you radical tone destruction but it will have effect.

I just think people read into these things too much! For Pete's sake, it's tuner out! Now we're gonna try to figure out how to hook our PODs up to it? C'mon! That's what I mean by complicating things! Just play the **** thing and be happy it's got a tuner out! Oh wait, there's another jack over there! :roll:

jbird said:
Just play the **** thing and be happy it's got a tuner out! Oh wait, there's another jack over there! :roll:

Forgive me please. Just as you have things that are critical to achieve your tone, having a parallel channel to combine clean and gain or somewhat clean plus heavy gain is a critical part of the tone I want to achieve.

roadster-T4D said:
can you use the slave out instead of the tuner out?
or the loop?t4d

Good question. Unfortunately Mesa designed the slave out to have some sort of feedback relationship when it's patched back into the effect in jack. So it can't be used with the same head.

123thefirst said:
Forgive me please. Just as you have things that are critical to achieve your tone, having a parallel channel to combine clean and gain or somewhat clean plus heavy gain is a critical part of the tone I want to achieve.

Well, it looks like you've overlooked the most critical part of your tone, by choosing an amp incapable of blending multiple inputs/preamps! Some Marshalls, Ashdown, VHT, and VOX, to name a few, will get you there! :idea:

Or like I mentioned before, like most people do, run a clean & dirty amp simultaneously, with an A/B/Y box! A little less complicating than trying to figure out how to split a single input signal into multiple preamps on an amp incapable of such a feat. :?

Latest posts

Back