roadster vs. dual or triple rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamdesoto

Reaction score
i am goin back and forth about the mesa i want. the roadster seems to have it all, including a big price tag. can i get the great gain tones and a decent clean on a dual or triple rec for less $? are the options on the roadster really worth the extra $? i play alternative rock so i need a nice thick gain but not metally and i need a nice lead sound to cut thru the mix. i use minimal clean sounds; could even settle for a low gain bluesy sound from my clean. any advice?

Go with the Roadster, I have had a triple rec, single Rectoverb and now i have a RKII, I did not like the triple recs cleans at all, the roadster has the same clean channel as the roadking II, which is awesome. You will also get the 50w-100w option with the roadster which comes in handy and well as a fourth channel. There is no reason to buy a triple or a dual rec, go with the roadster and dont look back. Even if you have to save your money for a longer period of time to get it.

thanks. i figured that was the advice i'd get. looks liike i'm bringin home a roadster head

Sounds like you might like a Stilleto. You could pick one up secondhand and save yourself a LOT of money.

Can you try the amps out in your band for a few jams? Thats always the best way.

My friends RK1 just blew up and he has been spotted a triple rec while its being repaired, basically he feels that the rec houses 95% of the usable tones he needs (also in a alt rock band). Personally I like the cleans on the new triple but Im not schooled in the jazz world either. My point is for the style of music you mentioned you can pick up a great 2nd hand dual or triple on ebay that will meet those needs, and save a bundle. Try em out if you can, its the only way to know fo'sho.

thanks for the advice, guys. i picked up a new roadster head tho. the triple rec was like 1599 and for a couple hundred more i get so many more options so i just went all out. satisfied so far.

think you made the right choice. The cost isn't that much worse and you get that much more amp!

hope you enjoy it,I still love my dual rec...I even love the cleans which I must admit are not the best but Im not trailing a whole load of amps to gigs to A/B between but with the roadster you can basically AB between them internally anyways with all the options its like having 4 completly different amps....great Mesa Boogie

Back