Roadster: Voodoo/FJA mod or new tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpurdue

Reaction score
Hey all. So i "almost" sold my Roadster head and i'm SOOO glad i didn't! I didnt realize how the tone controls react with one another and i'm getting some great sounds on CH 3 Vintage. Presets in o'clock
Master - 11
Presence - 8
Bass - 4
Mid- 12
treble - 4
Gain - 1:30
Bold
100 watt
silicone diode

I at first found it difficult to get the "bottom" i wanted but maybe its cause of the XTREME bottom on Ch 4 Modern that i compared it with. With the above settings i am really digging it! My question is: Will the FJA/VOODOO Mod tighten up the bottom or am i better off putting some JJ KT66's in there to warm up the bias? The Mods are a lot of $$$ but i dont mind if it's worth it! Has anyone had their DR/TR modded? Were you happy with the outcome?

Even though the Roadster is a Dual Recto, I do not believe that VooDoo offers a mod for it (or the RK).

Tighten up the amp huh? I can't believe you are running your bass at 4:00 :shock: Do you play the amp at stage volumes or is this a "bedroom level" setting? I can not get the bass past 1:30-2:00 without mudding up the amp causing it to lose definition. I find that the best sounds for ME are found between 11:00-1:00 across the EQ, and to crank the amp to get that huge, punchy, tight bottom end.

Anyway, what kind of guitar/p'ups and cabinet/speakers are you running?

Dom

This is master at 11 and output at 10-12. I use a parker fly mojo with duncans. It just seems to lack the thump without the bass turned up. I also find with little to no presence the sound lacks that chainsaw fizz!! In MODERN it's a different story, then i keep it at 10-11'o clock. I also use recto 2x12's and a 4x12. Oh, yeah, FJA and VOODOO now mod it.

It's a Parker Fly Mojo so i think it's a JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck.

Latest posts

Back