Roadster reverb issue...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daxman73

Reaction score
I have a slight problem with my Roadster 2x12 combo...My reverb won't shut off at all...I can turn it off on my foot switch, I can turn the individual knobs completely off on every channel and I still get reverb coming through the speakers...Anybody have this problem before or have suggestions?

Hey!

Sorry, but my reverb issues with the Roadster were the exact opposite. The only advice I could give you is to take it to a tech, or call Mesa directly and see if they can walk you through a fix over the phone. I would take it to a tech though, as I found the Mesa tech rather callous and unhelpful when I spoke with him over the phone concerning my issues with the reverb.

And honestly, if you are having the troubles you describe, then it's unlikely that anyone here could give you any advice that would cure your woes. The only suggestion I could make would be to unplug the footswitch and see if behaves the same with it disengaged. Next, I would try replacing preamp tube V4 (reverb tube I think) with a known good tube. Then I would schedule an appointment with a tech.

Good luck!

I have the problem of the reverb not working at all on my roadster 2x12 and just like the other guy, when i called the mesa tech he was kind of un helpful. he did refer me to a local shop i can have it looked at. I'm going to be doing that this week. Sucks because the reverb is one of the main reasons I went with the Roadster. I still love the amp though. Jammed with my buddy yesterday who plays through a Egnater Tourmaster 4100 halfstack. My combo blew his halfstack away volume wise and tone wise for sure!

Hey DB:

I am sorry to hear about your reverb woes. Just an FYI. My reverb problem was rather elusive, and I ended up taking it to two different techs, who both had trouble locating the problem. To make a long story short, both techs initially thought that I had just a loose connection. After readjusting the wires, they both thought they had the problem fixed. The third time I brought it back, I was pissed to say the least. I hadn't even had the Roadster for 13 months. Anyways, after prodding and poking the tech realized that there was a little soldering issue in the tank itself. The issue was very difficult to detect and the tech said that it was probably just soldered improperly. At any rate, a new tank was ordered and everything is fine and dandy now. In hindsight I don't blame Mesa, since they didn't make the tank (Accutronics makes the tanks), and because the issue was able to fool Mesa quality assurance team and two separate techs. Go figure!

Just thought you should know. Maybe your tank is suffering from the same issues!

BostonRedSox said:
Hey DB:

I am sorry to hear about your reverb woes. Just an FYI. My reverb problem was rather elusive, and I ended up taking it to two different techs, who both had trouble locating the problem. To make a long story short, both techs initially thought that I had just a loose connection. After readjusting the wires, they both thought they had the problem fixed. The third time I brought it back, I was pissed to say the least. I hadn't even had the Roadster for 13 months. Anyways, after prodding and poking the tech realized that there was a little soldering issue in the tank itself. The issue was very difficult to detect and the tech said that it was probably just soldered improperly. At any rate, a new tank was ordered and everything is fine and dandy now. In hindsight I don't blame Mesa, since they didn't make the tank (Accutronics makes the tanks), and because the issue was able to fool Mesa quality assurance team and two separate techs. Go figure!

Just thought you should know. Maybe your tank is suffering from the same issues!

Hey man, thanks a lot. Was all this covered under warranty?

Yeah, it was. Is yours still under? Definitely get it done if it is! Might as well, no?

Back