roadster recto tracking question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex1fly

Reaction score
I have a question concerning the Roadster's recto tracking. What exactly does the recto tracking setting do? (50 watts = tube rectification, 100 watts = diode rectification?) The manual is kind of ambiguous about it. Thanks!

Alex

alex1fly said:
I have a question concerning the Roadster's recto tracking. What exactly does the recto tracking setting do? (50 watts = tube rectification, 100 watts = diode rectification?) The manual is kind of ambiguous about it. Thanks!

Alex

At 50 watts, you are using a vacuum tube for your power rectification, in the 100 watt setting, it switices to a silicon diode rectifier instead.

The difference is that the tube rectifier has more 'sag' to the sound, there is more time spent converting AC to DC and it's audible. This is a good thing for a lot of people. However, if you're playing super fast metal and require a more precise sound, the diode rectifier converts almost instantly and therefore gives you a tighter attack to your tone.

Hope that made sense.

so you can use the diode at 50 and 100 watts but the vacuum tube only at 50 watts... am i understanding correctly?

alex1fly said:
so you can use the diode at 50 and 100 watts but the vacuum tube only at 50 watts... am i understanding correctly?

Based on the back panel, you can choose 50/100W per channel and Tube or Diode per channel..

I don't think you're restricted to 50W for tube.. wouldn't make sense based on the Dual Rec I used to have. I've never played a Roadster extensively so I couldn't tell you.

yes you right on that...u can select 50/100 on any channel...and its separate of selecting silicon/tube. I got the roadster this week, so I can attest this fact. Also if u are looking for the famous DR sound...stick with silicon diode. tube is more for the vintage sound.

To all you roadster owners...i was just wondering how long you waited for yours. I ordered mine three weeks ago and i was wondering how long i will continue to hold my breath.

koolaid said:
To all you roadster owners...i was just wondering how long you waited for yours. I ordered mine three weeks ago and i was wondering how long i will continue to hold my breath.

I waited 5 minutes for the clerk dude to give me the receipt and help me wheel it out. :D They had 2 in stock when I tried the Roadster.

koolaid said:

10 weeks.... worst 10 weeks of my life.... but well worth the wait

I ordered my Roadster November 30 2006 and I received it February 10 2007 (I believe), so just short of about two and a half months

Oh no!
Im only in week four. I am already pulling my hair out. I really hope I get lucky and get it before the 6 to 8 week gaurantee( or so called ). I am so over my Line 6 amp. BLAH

All the recto tracking does is turn on the correct number of Rectifier tubes if you are using the vacuum tube mode. For example if you are using channel 2 at 50w one corresponding rectifier tube will be on. If you switch to Channel 3 set to 100w Vintage, both rectifier tubes will be on. You could then set

Latest posts

Back