Roadster Recall ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in love with it. I spend most of my time in channel 3. I play in a rock band and that's my main rhythm channel. Occasionally, there will be some songs where clean channel is required and of course, I go to channel 1 which sounds phenomenal. There are some songs like early AC/DC and some of the newer stuff by Jet where I utilize Channel 2 in Brit mode. Sometimes I'll put a clean line boost in front of channel 2 to thicken it up a bit and it sounds perfect.

To be honest, I spend very little time in channel 4. I may end up assigning that channel as my solo channel because currently I am not using it. I do use the solo option on the foot switch for channels two and three and they seem to work just fine.

I've owned many Boogie's in the past. Triaxis, Mark 4, Dual Rectifier, Triple Rec, etc., but this one has a special spot in my heart. It took me a while to dial in the sound I wanted, as it would with any amplifier, but once you have it where you want it nothing sounds better than standing in front of the Road King 2.

Thanks Ken, I was hopeing to dial in 1 as my clean but with a little hair. Then 2 as my Marshall rythm sound and 3 or 4 as my go to lead sound. I've read a few people saying channel 2 is the least favorite and dosen't cut it as a marshall sound. I only need classic rock type crunch (acdc, zep,stones ect). I played an outdoor gig this past weekend witha DSL50. I have to say that amp sounded killer. i have to really work my guitar volume, to get what I need, but the amp sounded real nice. I just would like some more options. Has anyone tried the new H&K Switchblade head?

jamme61 said:
Thanks Ken, I was hopeing to dial in 1 as my clean but with a little hair. Then 2 as my Marshall rythm sound and 3 or 4 as my go to lead sound. I've read a few people saying channel 2 is the least favorite and dosen't cut it as a marshall sound. I only need classic rock type crunch (acdc, zep,stones ect). I played an outdoor gig this past weekend witha DSL50. I have to say that amp sounded killer. i have to really work my guitar volume, to get what I need, but the amp sounded real nice. I just would like some more options. Has anyone tried the new H&K Switchblade head?

If you use a clean line boost on channel 2 - you may be after that stones, led zeppelin sound your after.

Back