Roadster owners - please give your honest opinion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still using the stock 6L6's in my Roadster and love it. I have had no problems whatsoever, yet. (knock, knock) I want to try some other tubes just to see the tonal ranges, I use Sovtek 5881's in my Tremoverb and it sounds amazing.

Roadster Update:

I was trying some different things out and started getting the dreaded "cutout" but only with channel 4. :( The other channels seem to be just fine, no dropout, no delay... only on channel 4 using the footswitch, and it seems to happen once the head is pretty warm. (By warm I mean running 2 Mesa 4X12 cabs at a very high volume for an hour or so). The tubes are relatively new also... maybe 3 months old. All stock Mesa 6L6's and 12AX7's.

I have since removed this head from my rig and am only using my trusty old Trem-O-Verb :mrgreen: with 5881's. No prob's there... might trade the Roadster in on a new Mark V or another PRS.

Otherwise, this head kicks some serious butt. You could spend months just trying different sounds and combos. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back