Roadster Live Volume question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Had a show last night. Small stage. We were pretty much right in front of our amps. As the night went on, the singer would come over and tell me that he couldn't hear me and that the volume was dropping on the amp. I just had the amp checked by a tech and it has no problems, plus I just bought a new speaker cable. So does this sound like there can be an issue somewhere or just contribute it to a long night of loud music that the ears just got used to.
I don't really seem to cut through as much as the other guitarist. My mids are set at noon. Should I bump them up a bit?

Thanks

same thing happened to me. its called hearing loss. theres nothing wrong with your amp i think.

For maximum cut live ..besides keeping mids up....use alot less gain than bedroom setting... BOLD setting and Diodes.....it should cut fine. Treble should be between 1200 - 230. Dont be afraid to add prescence and back it off when tone gets too brittle.

Its also dependent on where your cab is facing...if its on the floor or propped up....if its miced......and type of room.

Lots of variables when playing live that can vary your tone.

PS I hate playing in two guitar bands...always hard to balance sounds on the fly.

Cabs are very directional...when he runs in front of it, it tears his head off, and when he's off to the side, it's harder to hear, especially with a rectifier.

It's just him...your amp is fine....silly singers :lol:

Latest posts

Back