Roadster Head - FX Loop noise problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjk1138

Reaction score
Greetings to all,

I just came home with my new Roadster head (and I do mean new -- I watched the salesman open the box right at the store), and notice that when I turn the Hard Bypass switch OFF (thus engaging the FX Loop) I get a horrid amount of hum from the amp.

It makes no difference whether I have a pedal plugged in or not, it happens to all channels. If I cut the wattage on any of the channels the hum is reduced (though not eliminated). If I shut off the loop on any one channel, the hum stops on that channel but starts up again when I switch to another channel that has the loop on.

ADDED --when I turn the Send level knob all the way up or down, the hum drops somewhat but not completely. The hum is the worst when the knob is at 12:00 "nominal" position.

When I put the Hard Bypass back on, the hum totally disappears and everything sounds fantastic.

Anyone know what's up?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Nevermind, I had the master volumes on the amp too low in relation to the Output knob. It's quiet
as a mouse now.

Go ahead, make fun of me...I deserve it.

This amp ROCKS.

Fixxer6671 said:
congrats on your purchase bro. Not much your new amp can't do!

:twisted:

Thanks Fixxer! I totally agree, very versatile and it sounds fantastic. Never thought I would be able to live without my Triple Rec (which is a classic) but this one totally kicks a$$.

Back