roadster + genz benz 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vertigo_

Reaction score
I use it and I love it....its a great cab for the roadster head. Best part I got it for 150:)

But it is a 8 ohms stereo and 4 ohms mono cab. I use it with 4 ohms out from roadster to 4 ohms in the cabinet. I wanted to ask the mesa gurus...is that cool? I thought I read somewhere in the forum that if you use 4 ohms out of the roadster to 4 ohms mono cabinet u are taking it down to 2 ohms. Those 4 ohms are made for 2 8ohms cab. I checked the manual and in there it says 4 ohms to 4 ohms is cool.

so the question is:

"4ohms from the roadster head to 4 ohms mono in gflex cab. is that good and safe?"

thanks very much...cause if I go from 8 ohms to one of the 8 ohms in genz benz, only one speaker works. Because genz benz is 8 ohms stereo

I've been using my Road King with one for a number of years. It's been a great cab. Enjoy!.

lhomme3554 said:
I've been using my Road King with one for a number of years. It's been a great cab. Enjoy!.

So are you connecting the 4 ohms out from roadking to 4 ohms mono in the cab?

vertigo_ said:
lhomme3554 said:

So are you connecting the 4 ohms out from roadking to 4 ohms mono in the cab?

Yes, that's the way I've been running as it's a parallel connection so if a speaker goes there's still a load. The 16 ohm mono is series.

Latest posts

Back