Roadster + GE7 - anyone using it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vertigo_

Reaction score
I am planning to get a boss ge-7 in my setup. I love the modern tone of the roadster but during playing octave lines I want to get the mid's and high's to come out. I was thinking of getting a boss ge-7 and using that to get that done. Anyone using a boss ge-7 with their roadster or rectos? Do you use it in front of the amp or in the loop?

Thanks for the the help.

I've heard the GE-7's are tone suckers. I have a 6-band MXR EQ pedal that I run in the loop and I think it acts much like the GEQ on the mark series amps (being that it is post EQ like the GEQ on the Mark). Just BARELY boost/cut the frequencies though, coz it starts to sound too boxy when you boost it or cut it too much (the pedal is capable of 9db+/-). I'm thinking about grabbing a 10-band EQ, but the 6 will suffice for now...

I've not actually heard the GE-7, i'm just going by what I've read...

Harmony central has some nice reviews on the ge-7. Guys do u have any recommendations to make octave phrases sound nice in modern setting?

I never liked coupling an eq (mine MXR, I like it) with other effects in the loop. I find it better to bypass the loop with the roadster.

seems like most of the people keep the eq pedal in front of the amp. We all know that roadsters sound super awesome when you bypass the loop. But some people like to use delay, chorus, and some other effects for live setup. And effects loop is the best way to go for that.

Yeah, I love my delay and it is in the loop. The EQ in the loop makes it more noticable and I think it works/sounds better. It is too subtle in front...

As for the Roadster sounding better with the loop bypassed, this is true, but I don't mind the tone with it on at all...

MusicManJP6 said:
Yeah, I love my delay and it is in the loop. The EQ in the loop makes it more noticable and I think it works/sounds better. It is too subtle in front...

As for the Roadster sounding better with the loop bypassed, this is true, but I don't mind the tone with it on at all...

Ya same here...the loop will be bypassed at studio for ULTIMATE ROADSTER glory. I think I will give ge-7 a try. I am not going to use the level boost just use it to boost the mids and highs during my octave phrases. My setup will be :

Guitar (lp with emg / Fernandes with JB) > little aligator volume pedal> tremonti power wah > digitech whammy > ge-7 > roadster (G-major in the loop/controlled with G-minor).

So last night I used the ge-7 with my roadster...I did not boost the level just boosted my mids when I am playing octaves. It works awesome. I liked the way ge-7 cut through the mix when playing octaves.

The only thing you guys need to understand about putting an EQ in front of vs. in the loop is this:

-in front of loop/amp: you are shaping the sound of your guitar
-you are shaping the actual distortion

The only problem I foresee with the first case is that not only are you taking away the fundamental sound of your guitar, but whatever eq'ing you do gets kind of lost when it hits the preamp. If you put it in the loop itself, you get to have the final say of what the sound is like, instead of the amp having the final say.

It really boils down to preference. There is no right or wrong.

Back