roadster footswitching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krypton

Reaction score
i noticed that the wire going from the foot switch to the amp is a 7-pin midi cable..

but there is no midi out/thru on the back of the amp.

can i switch the amp with a midi pedalboard anyway?

can i just put it last in the chain of things that the midi pedal is going to?

I don't think the 7-pin Mesa footswitch cable is Midi! It plugs in the rear, right below the rotary footswitch dial! But, if you had a Midi switching device, you'd use the external swithing jacks!

Nope. It's a familiar DIN-7 cable, but it's not a MIDI interface.

Your Roadster conveniently has 1/4" switch jacks on the rear for channel switching. So you get a MIDI-controllable switcher and then use a MIDI controller with that (and the rest of your rack setup).

So does the switcher for the "external switching" jacks have to be Midi? Or could you use something like a Boss FS-5L, a latch device/footswitch? With an ordinary 1/4" instrument cable?

Only if you wish to control the changes via midi. I use a custom made simple 4-8 button switch for my tverb and quad and it changes just fine via the 1/4" jacks. But I'm building up my rack stuff so I'll have a midi connection soon and it will be easier to control.

mJ

thanks..

i know you can also use the GCX by voodoo labs..

and you can set the gcx to turn on differnt pedals automatically when you hit each button

Back