Roadster footswitching delay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you have experienced a delay when switching channels on the Roadster (and maybe RKII) when the reverb is off. I already know about the reverb delay when switching channels and that dosn't bother me, but if the reverb is off there is a noticible pause when switching channels. It's not a big deal because I usually play with a little reverb, but I'm worried about playing shows where there is plenty of reverb from the room and I want to turn my reverb off. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Mesa uses a Mute Buss that kills the signal for a split second to the preamp and allows for quiet switching and surges of reverb.
The delay is normal, but is supposed to be less than a second.
Any longer than that, or if you have volume swells then there may be a slight problem. My RK II switches quite quickly and does not have a lag or the big "Boing" from the reverb. It only pops going from Ch. 4 Modern to Ch. 3 Vintage.

FWIW my roadstar doesn't encounter a delay or a pop when switching (other than the normal reverb delay I suppose which I haven't noticed either BTW).

Back